Wisdom Wednesday: Gratitude Jar

22 Jan 14
, , ,

Towards the end of last year I was sent a link to an idea to help reflect on the positives of daily life over a whole year.

This idea was the gratitude jar.

Image from Pintrest (click to see source)

Image from Pintrest (click to see source)

The idea of the gratitude jar is that you end each day writing down something you are grateful for and adding it to the jar. At the end of the year you go through it and read all the good things you have achieved during the year.

So on January first I found a jar and begun my own gratitude jar. I think this is a good idea as I don’t want to reach the end of 2014 thinking what have I actually done or achieved this year. By using the jar I am hoping to be able to celebrate even the small achievements that occur this year with everyone at the end of the year.

Daily gratitude reflections, like this, are a great way to maintain a positive outloon on life. This is one of many small actions/activities that I am putting in place this year to help me be the best I can spiritually.

As I have previously said, I believe that to be the best ME I need to find balance in my life and focus on the good things in life.

Remember to celebrate the small things in life as together they make up the big picture.

Do you have a practice of daily gratitude?

What other activities do you do to keep yourself positive?

1. gentlestitches January 22, 2014 at 9:45 am

I really like your gratitude jar and I am off to start one right now!

• Megan S January 22, 2014 at 10:00 am

I’m glad I’ve inspired you. It’s definitely helping me reflect daily on what I have to be grateful for. 🙂

2. Jenn M January 22, 2014 at 10:59 am

Sounds like a great idea! 🙂 I try to come up with at least three things I’m grateful for each day.

• Megan S January 22, 2014 at 11:22 am

I always try for 3 things. Some days it can be difficult though 🙂

3. branchingmama January 22, 2014 at 9:03 pm

Oh yes what a great idea! I’m going to get one started 🙂

4. Life Beyond My Window January 23, 2014 at 3:22 am

This is a great idea, but what do you put in the jar? What is in your jar?

• Megan S January 23, 2014 at 8:23 am

The jar gets filled with the little notes I write each day about what I’m grateful for… It started off empty and I’m slowly filling it. At the end of the year I’ll tip them all out and read through all the things I’ve been grateful for this year. 🙂

5. Wisdom Wednesday: Gratitude Jar Update | my chronic life journey April 23, 2014 at 9:02 am

[…] If you are a regular reader you’d be aware that at the beginning of this year I started a Gratitude Jar. […]