Mental Monday: Upcoming Projects

20 Jan 14
, , , , ,

So, as you would be aware I’ve been very busy in the last 20 days completing several sewing projects and starting on a few bigger projects.

I completed my patchwork quilt and made a matching meditation cushion:

(c) Megan S, January 2014

(c) Megan S, January 2014

I’ve also started dropping hints of my really big project for this year, my campaign for raising awareness of invisible illnesses.

Partly for my own benefit, and partly to keep all of you up to date, I’ve realised I need to actually make a list of the upcoming projects I’m working on so that I can try and work out how they’ll all fit together!

Upcoming Sewing Projects

• Matching wheat bag to go with my meditation cushion and patchwork blanket.
  • Meditation cushion for my MIL
  • Seatback covers (can’t think of the correct name for them) for E’s grandparent’s dinning room chairs
  • Other meditation cushions and wheat bags to sell and give away

Upcoming Awareness Raising Projects

• Foggy Frog and the Pain Gang picture book Kickstarter Campaign (sometime in the next few months, the book should be available early 2015 if I manage to raise the funds to complete it)
  • Parent and teacher’s guide to using Foggy Frog and the Pain Gang to teach young children about invisible illnesses (late 2014/early 2015)

Other Important Projects

• Increasing my activity levels slowly while pacing and maintaining my health; aiming for being able to do 4 hours activity without the need for rests in order to begin considering a graduated return to work program
  • Set up an Etsy Store to sell sewing and other craft creations (I have a name for the store, just need to make some things to sell)

As you can see I have a lot on my plate! I’m obviously not going to be pushing myself too hard just to complete these projects, so they’re going to be long term activities that will probably take me all year or longer to complete, but I really feel these things are important to me.

As mentioned in yesterday’s post, I want to build a reputation of being here to support the community but I also want to maintain some connection to my previous self. The sewing projects are my link to sustainability, I also view them as a way to bring in some small amount of income while I’m stuck at home.

Do you have any big projects you’re focusing on in 2014?

Will you join me in raising awareness of Invisible Illnesses by sharing Foggy Frog and the Pain Gang with your network?

1. joynpain2 January 20, 2014 at 1:12 pm

Absolutely! I’ll share whatever you’re working on.

• Megan S January 20, 2014 at 1:14 pm

Thanks Joy 🙂 I really want this to be a community focused project that helps bring the Spoonies community to the attention of none Spoonies.

• joynpain2 January 20, 2014 at 1:16 pm

I’m with you sister!

2. Trisha January 20, 2014 at 2:11 pm

I love your quilt and matching meditation cushion! I’m so impressed with all you’re taking on while still pacing and taking care of yourself.

• Megan S January 20, 2014 at 2:13 pm

Thanks Trisha, I’m sure at some point something will have to give… I’m just not sure what. All I know is I’m listening to my body so it shouldn’t (fingers crossed) be my health. 🙂

3. branchingmama January 20, 2014 at 6:47 pm

I love the colours on your quilt and cushion.
    Looking forward to seeing Foggy Frog and his gang soon.

• Megan S January 20, 2014 at 8:34 pm

Thanks! Looking forward to sharing them soon. 🙂

4. Jenn M January 21, 2014 at 12:37 am

Wow, that’s definitely a lot of projects! I have some big projects as well. I’m trying to expand a little more with my blog by including vlogs on here as well, I’m creating more things for my Etsy shop, I’ve been training as a per diem site manager for the place I volunteer at, I’m currently taking a CFIDS and FM self help course…phew! I’m tiring myself just by listing off all of these projects, lol!

Best wishes on your future projects! 🙂

• Megan S January 21, 2014 at 7:54 am

I know what you mean about getting tired just listing your projects. Let me know how the self help course goes, I had a quick look and it looked interesting but decided I had way too much I was already doing at the moment. I want to know what’s working or not before I try new things.

Good luck with the new work and all your other projects, and thanks for being part of my team when you already have so much going on!

• Jenn M January 21, 2014 at 8:49 am

I’ll definitely provide some tips and tidbits in my blog entries with some of the things I learn from the course. 🙂

• Megan S January 21, 2014 at 9:07 am

Great, can’t wait to here them 🙂

5. Just Another F-Bomb January 21, 2014 at 10:58 pm

I love your positive approach Megan, especially being newly diagnosed. I think you’ve got a good handle on what you’ve got on your plate. I can’t wait to hear more!

• Megan S January 22, 2014 at 8:23 am