So, as you would be aware I’ve been very busy in the last 20 days completing several sewing projects and starting on a few bigger projects.
I completed my patchwork quilt and made a matching meditation cushion:
Partly for my own benefit, and partly to keep all of you up to date, I’ve realised I need to actually make a list of the upcoming projects I’m working on so that I can try and work out how they’ll all fit together!
Upcoming Sewing Projects
- Matching wheat bag to go with my meditation cushion and patchwork blanket.
- Meditation cushion for my MIL
- Seatback covers (can’t think of the correct name for them) for E’s grandparent’s dinning room chairs
- Other meditation cushions and wheat bags to sell and give away
Upcoming Awareness Raising Projects
- Foggy Frog and the Pain Gang picture book Kickstarter Campaign (sometime in the next few months, the book should be available early 2015 if I manage to raise the funds to complete it)
- Parent and teacher’s guide to using Foggy Frog and the Pain Gang to teach young children about invisible illnesses (late 2014/early 2015)
Other Important Projects
- Increasing my activity levels slowly while pacing and maintaining my health; aiming for being able to do 4 hours activity without the need for rests in order to begin considering a graduated return to work program
- Set up an Etsy Store to sell sewing and other craft creations (I have a name for the store, just need to make some things to sell)
As you can see I have a lot on my plate! I’m obviously not going to be pushing myself too hard just to complete these projects, so they’re going to be long term activities that will probably take me all year or longer to complete, but I really feel these things are important to me.
As mentioned in yesterday’s post, I want to build a reputation of being here to support the community but I also want to maintain some connection to my previous self. The sewing projects are my link to sustainability, I also view them as a way to bring in some small amount of income while I’m stuck at home.
Do you have any big projects you’re focusing on in 2014?
Will you join me in raising awareness of Invisible Illnesses by sharing Foggy Frog and the Pain Gang with your network?