Fighting Foggy Frog and Friends

19 Nov 13
, , , , , , , , , ,

So I’ve introduced you to Foggy Frog and his Pain Gang, but I still need to introduce you to who’s on my side of this fight.

This is not a post about all the people who are helping me out and supporting me through this process. Although you guys know who you are and you know I love each and every one of you. This is a post about those helpers who may not be as visible to those who look at me, they are my birds.

You may be wondering why birds?

Well, ever since my aunty designed our wedding invites with a beautiful little bluebird on it I’ve had a kind of affinity with them. And over the last 7+ months they’ve formed a symbol of hope and strength for me to cling to.

It may also be because when I think of recovering from this I think of being the opposite of what I am now, heavily weighed down with mud. And the opposite to that I think is floating lightly in the sky with the birds.

Birds also eat insects and bugs, and most of my pain creatures could be eaten (or at least distracted) by birds. 🙂

Anyway, based on our wedding birds…

image

(c) J. Sanderson, 2011

I have:

A beautiful necklace one of my friends got me for Christmas last year.

image

Photo (c) Megan S, November 2013

And a beautiful badge I got from Etsy recently.

image

Photo (c) Megan S, November 2013

Soon I’ll also have my apron that I can wear when I feel I need extra support.

image

Photo (c) Megan S, November 2013

On top of the birds I have my friends Lexi (Lexapro) and Lyra (Lyrica). I’m still not sure if either of these guys are helping me but I’m going to give them a bit longer before I give up on them.

Heat in the form of snuggling with our pet cats and/or E, lying in the sun, showers/baths, or applying hot/cold packs, is key to reducing the pain I’m feeling. And, as mentioned in previous posts rests and social interactions are also important in maintaining, and hopefully improving my overall health.

So this is my support team against Foggy Frog and the Pain Gang.

Do you have a support team helping you?

What have you found that has helped you against the pain, brain fog and confusion caused by Foggy Frog and Friends?

1. Claire November 19, 2013 at 5:22 pm

Your birds are gorgeous! It’s lovely to have a talisman 🙂
    If you are not finding that the Lexapro is helping, go back and see your doctor. I was lucky, I only tried one other brand before I went on to Lexapro – on the morning of the third day it was like the skies suddenly opening up! (But I didn’t have brain fog at the time) I’m on 20mg, which does me fine. Everyone is different and will have different reactions when it works – but please play around with different brands and dosages until you find something that works for you!
    With the brain fog – I haven’t tried it (my brain fog is over, thank goodness!) but I have read about a calcium inhibitor that they give stroke patients – sometimes it works on brain fog in CFS. (I left the book at a friends house – I’ll get it back in a week and post the name of the drug)

• Megan S November 19, 2013 at 6:13 pm

Thanks for the feedback and information. I’m definitely bringing up the Lexapro in my specialist appointment next week, we’ll see what other suggestions she has.

• Megan S November 19, 2013 at 6:15 pm

Oh forgot to say I’m on 20 mg as well and haven’t felt like it’s done anything really. I haven’t been to depressed about this all surprisingly just trying to get through everything as positively as possible so I don’t get depressed.

• Claire November 20, 2013 at 1:01 pm

lol, I’m not sure if anti-depressants work prophylactically! But that’s so good that you’re aware of depression and working to avoid it – it is the worst!

• Megan S November 20, 2013 at 1:10 pm

Agreed. I’m definitely trying to keep myself as positive as I can.

2. thebetterwaycfs November 19, 2013 at 8:37 pm

Love the birds! Very beautiful and I am jealous of all your cool trinkets! I have not personified (or animified? animated? I don’t know!) any of my support team, but they are still lurking about. Visualizations, meditations, trees and green. Some of the people are great too! :p

• Megan S November 19, 2013 at 8:41 pm

Thanks 🙂

Trees and green are great. I also do meditations, I haven’t really managed visualisation yet.

3. Jumping_Jenny_444 November 20, 2013 at 2:12 am

Hello! I have nominated you for the “Inner Peace Award” because I like your peaceful approach to your blog. To read more about this award, check out the link below:

• Megan S November 20, 2013 at 8:10 am

Thanks Jenn! I’ll check this out a bit later today. 🙂

4. Toni November 21, 2013 at 3:55 am

I love the birds and the meaning you associate with them. As I was reading, all I could think of (in my weird way) is totem animals. I know, it’s woo-woo, but I’ve had an affinity for tigers all of my life. They represent the physical strength I used to have and the internal strength I now need in order to deal with the pain and fatigue of fibromyalgia. They’re also playful, but not to be underestimated. For me, the tiger represents who I want to be and what I need to focus on. Great article!

• Megan S November 21, 2013 at 9:01 am

Thanks Toni, I guess they kind of are totem animals aren’t they 🙂 I never thought of it like that.

5. NaBloPoMo Wrap Up | my chronic life journey November 30, 2013 at 8:27 am

[…] an outlet with Foggy Frog and Friends appearing in stories and poems. I also introduced you to my talismans/support crew against Foggy Frog and […]