Crafts – Cards

12 Nov 13
, , ,

Last week I spent my crafting time making cards for the wedding and 60th we had on the weekend. Obviously I couldn’t post them before the events in case the recipients were reading my blog, so here they are now…

Wedding Card Photo (c) Megan S, November 2013

Wedding Card
Photo (c) Megan S, November 2013

This card was made using store bought diecuts and a precut card. I used double sided tape to stick the diecuts down in the desired positions. I also used a diecut on the envelope (as seen in the photo above).

60th Birthday Card Photo (c) Megan S, November 2013

60th Birthday Card
Photo (c) Megan S, November 2013

This card was made using a precut card and green stock paper. I drew the 60 freehand and then cut and stuck to the card with double sided tape. The inside of the card was stamped “Happy Birthday”.

Because it was a bad week for me symptoms wise, I went for the simplest designs I could come up with that would still look sophisticated.

What do you think of my cards?

Do you make cards? What resources do you use in your designs?

1. Just Another F-Bomb November 12, 2013 at 12:12 pm

They both look great! I’ve got tons of supplies but I haven’t done any paper crafting in a while, maybe it’s time to start again!

• Megan S November 12, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Thanks. I definitely find it fun and relaxing when I have the energy for it.

2. dawnhosking November 12, 2013 at 8:34 pm

They are lovely, I think hand made card are special — my daughter had made me some in the past and I’ve kept them as they are so lovingly created. 🙂

• Megan S November 12, 2013 at 9:00 pm

I always believe handmade with thought is better than the “that’ll do” shop bought options… For both cards and presents. Part of the way my mum brought me up I guess.

• dawnhosking November 12, 2013 at 9:34 pm

It’s really nice when you can do something special for someone. I have decorated a box to house a gift for my husbands birthday — it’s nothing as fancy as your gorgeous cards but I’m thrilled to bits because I did it myself. My daughter made us a compilation CD of love songs for our Anniversary last year and I was so pleased with it, we love it and it means so much that she chose the songs carefully herself and then made it 😉

3. NaBloPoMo Wrap Up | my chronic life journey November 30, 2013 at 8:27 am

[…] the beginning of the month I shared a sneak peak into my craft ideas, and over the month I shared more of the craft projects I had […]