I’m participating in the Mentor’s Channel “21 days of gratitude” meditation series. The first meditation last night focused on Finding your Purpose. Below is my reflections on the session.
What is my purpose in life?
Up until a few months ago I thought I knew what my purpose in life was and I thought I was working on my path towards living this purpose. Educating the community about sustainable living and protecting the environment, and being the best mother I could be was what I believed was my purpose.
However, since becoming ill and having to have more than 6 months off work (currently still off) I’ve begun to second guess this. I still passionately believe in sustainable living however, if I had to decide between keeping on working in this field or being able to have a family, I’d choose having a family.
This is especially true if I remain this ill for longer. My brain does not work as well as it should thanks to Foggy Frog and because of this I don’t think I’d be able to coherently educate people (especially in a workshop/face to face situation).
I am grateful for the insight this illness has given me into what is important in life to me. I’m grateful for the opportunity to learn new skills (crafts and writing skills) during this time.
- 21 Days of Gratitude: Day 1 – Finding your Purpose (myfibrotasticlife.wordpress.com)
- 21-Day Gratitude Challenge (extraordinarybynature.wordpress.com)
- 21 Days of Gratitude (cindywilliamsart.wordpress.com)
- 21 Days of Gratitude – A Free Meditiation Challenge (myfibrotasticlife.wordpress.com)
- 21 Days of Gratitude – A Free Meditiation Challenge (dawnyhosking.wordpress.com)