Share Your World – Week 6

11 Feb 16
, , , ,

Wow, a long list of questions this week from Cee for Share Your World… Let’s see how I go 🙂

Share Your World – Week 6

1. What is your favorite word? I struggled with this one, but finally settled with ‘Dream’. It’s important to have dreams and to work towards them.
  2. What is your least favorite word? Again, a struggle… Let’s go with ‘Busy’… It’s a word I’m working to remove from my vocabulary at the moment with the help of Courtney Carver’s Busy Boycott Challenge.
  3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Creatively – discussions and helping others, spiritually and emotionally – meditation, yoga, writing, and remembering my values.
  4. What turns you off? Negative tension – I’m fairly sensitive to how others are feeling and I often struggle when people are being silent to deal with them.
  5. What is your favorite curse word? Sugar… Or at least, that’s the one I use the most… I don’t really swear much.
  6. What sound or noise do you love? A cat purring, a baby (almost all their noises – no, crying doesn’t seem to turn me off)
  7. What sound or noise do you hate? Hate is a harsh word, but I definitely struggle with the sounds of chalk on blackboards, fingers moving over foam, and many other similar noises. They hurt my teeth and give me a headache.
  8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I’m quite happy at the moment, but I have considered midwifery in the past…
  9. What profession would you not like to do? I no longer would want to do a profession that required working full time (or more than full time) as I feel that would impact on my health too much.
  10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Welcome.

Bonus question:  What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?

I’m grateful for all my friends and family. I know this is similar to previous weeks but I really am grateful that they make the effort to spend time with me. I also learnt over the weekend that, even when I haven’t seem them in quite a while, they have kept me in their thoughts as much as I have kept them in mine.

I’m looking forward to spending more time with friends tomorrow, and finishing to set up our spare room as a day room for me (progress photos below).

IMG_20160208_151250

Your turn! Let’s see if you can answer at least one of the questions above in the comment section.

1. tlohuis March 1, 2016 at 9:47 am

6. What sound or noise do you love? MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC AND MORE MUSIC! 🙂

• Megan S March 1, 2016 at 9:52 am

Sounds good 😊 How are you going?

• tlohuis March 1, 2016 at 10:14 am

Hi Megan. I’m doing okay, today. Today has been a good day. Been going through some rough things, but we’re pulling through, and things are starting to settle down, again. When my health is being tolerable, I hate to talk to much about it, bragging. I always jinx myself when I do that, so I won’t go into great detail, but I’ve been doing much better than I have in a very long time. How long it will last? As you know, we never know. I’m just happy for today. How have you been doing, my friend. I’ve been away from WP for about a month and I come back and, once again, so many WP changes. I’m pulling my hair out. I used to go to my reader, type in a “tag” and it would pull up all the new posts that had that “tag” attached to it. I’m having trouble finding a lot of my friends. Sometimes, I’ll see them at the bottom of a post where I’m “Liking” the post and see they liked it, too. I think I can just click on their pic and it will take me to their blog. NO, ma’am. Wrong. Mostly it takes me to their avatar and they never seem to have a link to their blog. I, also, very much enjoy finding new blogs that interest me and meeting new people. How can I do that when I cannot even type in whatever the “tag” is, I’m looking for, when that’s no longer an option, as far as I can see. It makes me very frustrated……………sigh…………I suppose I’ll survive. People will just think I don’t care about their blog, anymore, and that’s so not true……
        So, now that that’s out, how and what have you been doing????? So happy to see you. It’s been a long time. 🙂

• Megan S March 1, 2016 at 10:19 am

I’ve been having the same problem with wordpress! I’m sure there’s an easy way but I haven’t found it yet.

I’m going OK, understand what you mean about not wanting to talk about it when it’s going well.

It’s definitely good to take things one day at a time. I have been trying to build up my activity levels but have probably moved too fast and now trying to cut back a bit on the work front so I still have energy to focus on improving my health.

• tlohuis March 1, 2016 at 11:09 am

Well, if you figure it out first, would you please let me in on the secret? If I find out, I’ll share the info. with you. I spent hours, last night, clicking on everything in the dashboard, and everywhere possible to click on anything. NOTHING.
            I’ve been trying to build up my activity level as well. I had a hip replacement last July and I’m still not healed and that doesn’t help matters on top of all my other “matters!” I’ve just now started physical therapy for my hip. What’s wrong with this picture. I want to do things. I try to do things. The simplest things land me in great pain and out of commission for who knows however long………..you know how that goes. Could be 2 days, 2 weeks, or 2 months, even much longer. A few months ago, I ended up in the kitchen, for some reason, don’t remember why (I have a feeding tube, remember?) The dishwasher was full of clean dishes and the sink and counter top was full of dirty dishes. I unloaded the dishwasher, loaded the dishwasher, started the dishwasher, washed several items, such as pots and pans, things we don’t put in the dishwasher, by hand, wiped down all the counter tops, stove top, kitchen table, wiped off the canister’s on the counter……….once I get started, I can’t stop. I knew I was going to pay dearly for this, but I didn’t care because it had been soooooo long since I had done such an easy task like that, and it just felt so good, emotionally. I helped. That means a lot to me. Before I got so so sick and ended up spending most of my life in bed, I was always cleaning. Cleaning always makes me feel good. doing that, that day, hurt me physically, but raised me up, emotionally…………..I did pay the price with great pain for quite awhile. One day, I just wanted to do my own laundry. I never let anyone do my laundry because I wash almost everything on cold and hang almost everything to dry. I don’t like my stuff shrinking. Anyway, hubby has been doing it and he follows instructions ever so carefully, after that one time a long, long time ago when he thought he was helping me when I didn’t need help back then, and he washed a load of my sweaters………..hot water…………..dryer…………nuff said.

• Megan S March 1, 2016 at 11:12 am

Agreed!
            It feels great to be able to get something done myself instead of relying on E all the time.
            I’m glad your husband learnt from his mistake.

2. tlohuis March 1, 2016 at 11:14 am

Okay, well, I wasn’t done quite yet and it just sent. So glad it’s here. I thought it was gone……..anyway, I did my own 2 loads of laundry, down 3 flights of stairs to start first load, back up, back down to put what can go in the dryer into the dryer and put other load in washer, back upstairs, wait awhile, back down stairs to get things out of dryer, last trip down I hung everything that had to hang to dry, put the 2nd load into the dryer, back upstairs to wait, and then back down to get the second load when it was dry. That’s a lot of up and down a lot of stairs. I folded all my laundry and put it away and I was ever so proud, even though……………………….I knew exactly the price I would pay, and I did………………………………………………..we just have to keep trying, I guess….. 🙂 I feel bad having to have everyone else do everything for me…………geeeezzzzz. It just feels good to do it and pay the price…………………………. 🙂