Wisdom Wednesday: Finding time for myself

05 Mar 14

During this busy month, I am focusing on finding whatever time I can for myself. That means through the rush of running the Foggy Frog Kickstarter campaign, celebrating multiple birthdays in the family, attending multiple specialists appointments and hopefully attempting a very part time return to work, I’m also trying to find time to take regular rest breaks, meditate, maintain my yoga and walk routines, have relaxing baths, read a book and spend time with my husband.

Photo (c) E. S. January, 2014

Photo (c) E. S. January, 2014

These activities are important for maintaining my mental and spiritual health. Between each activity that I do I am going to find at least 10 minutes for me, to do something that relaxes and refreshes me for the next activity to come.

Wish me luck in my endeavours to maintain a balance between activity and rest, between Needs and Desires, and between helping others and looking after myself. It will be a challenge, but it is one that I accept and will fight to achieve as it is one that will mean the difference between a complete crash and a maintained or improved health at the end of March.

How do you make time for yourself?

What activities do you enjoy doing in that time?

1. Trisha March 5, 2014 at 11:21 am

I’d like to get into the habit of taking a short meditation break in between my activities. It would probably be the best thing for me to do to reduce my sensory overload. Sometimes when I’m really tired I lay down in between each task I do and I’ve found that I actually get more done in a day than when I just try to power through!

• Megan S March 5, 2014 at 11:22 am

I’ve found the same thing. That’s why I’m going to try it out πŸ™‚

2. barbarafranken March 5, 2014 at 12:37 pm

It’s a busy life we have and it’s so so important to take those breaks… so a promise is a promise… to yourself… 10 minute power breaks of consciously breathing, works wonders for me… and most afternoons I find time at least an hour after lunch to lie down and sleep… (spanish siesta)… take care, Barbara x

• Megan S March 5, 2014 at 12:40 pm

Thanks for the advice Barbara πŸ™‚ Have you checked out the Foggy Frog project yet? http://bit.ly/FoggyFrog

3. Sue Dreamwalker March 5, 2014 at 9:27 pm

I am with you all the way! We have to make time for self. Great that you are doing so. πŸ™‚ me too πŸ™‚
    Take care Sue x0x

• Megan S March 5, 2014 at 10:33 pm

Thanks Sue πŸ™‚

4. Country Fairy12 March 6, 2014 at 7:10 am

Our apartment is small, so time to myself is not an easy task since both hubby and myself are both disabled. But, I love a relaxing bath…and when I am not on the computer I love crocheting with my ear buds in listening to relaxing meditation music and doing some very (light)Yoga/sitting techniques while meditating with candles and incense.

• Megan S March 6, 2014 at 8:18 am

Sounds good πŸ™‚

• Country Fairy12 March 6, 2014 at 8:24 am

aren’t you from down under? if so your up a little late aren’t you…lol.megan…I always love to read your posts…I don’t always comment, but I am reading them.

• Megan S March 6, 2014 at 8:36 am

Yes I am, it’s actually 8:30am here so I’m just getting up.

• Country Fairy12 March 6, 2014 at 8:40 am

Oh Cool, I know daylight savings time is coming up real soon here in the states…..I am glad we are all up at the same time

• Country Fairy12 March 6, 2014 at 8:43 am

Hey, I know your younger than me, but please don’t take on too much time for yourself, I don’t want you to over do it and then be sorry later…(in PAIN)….but your plan sounds positive. I too, have made out a plan on what I want to get done, not in a day or two, but within this month….and the list is small…but as long as I get most of it done I will feel good about myself, and that I am nipping this pain in the ass…lol

• Megan S March 6, 2014 at 8:57 am

Thanks, I’m trying not to take on too much but this week just seems ultra hectic.

It would be great if you could support the Foggy Frog project (even $1 can bring us closer to our goal). Please check it out and share with your family and friends. http://bit.ly/FoggyFrog

• Country Fairy12 March 6, 2014 at 1:27 pm

I WILL BE HAPPY TO DON’T A GRAPHIC, UNLESS YOU WANT TO DONATE TO MINE AND i WILL DONATE TO YOURS

• Country Fairy12 March 6, 2014 at 1:29 pm

i DON’T ASK PEOPLE FOR DONATIONS,I OFFER HAND DRAWN MOUSE GRAPHICS THAT TAKES ME HOURS TO DO…

• Megan S March 6, 2014 at 1:40 pm

That sounds amazing! Thank you for sharing this information. Unfortunately there are no mice in the story or I’d take you up on that πŸ™‚

• Country Fairy12 March 6, 2014 at 2:16 pm

LOL

5. hayley-eszti March 7, 2014 at 7:18 am

Good luck with your ‘ME time plan’ you must be rushed off your feet with foogy fog, so even more reason for you to take some time to relax. my me time normally consists of a lovely hot bubble bath, candles, and some music (on a low volume mind!) xx Hayley-Eszti @ hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

• Megan S March 7, 2014 at 8:15 am

Thanks Hayley, it has been extremely hectic and after a week of very little rest (compared to normal) I’m definitely starting to struggle this morning but I have no doctors appointments today so, apart from continuing to promote Foggy Frog and doing a load of washing, I’m going to focus on resting.

6. Physical Friday: 3 key steps to surviving a busy week with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis and Fibromyalgia | my chronic life journey March 7, 2014 at 9:46 am

[…] was a big one, and I discussed in more detail on WednesdayΒ how I was planning to do this. Finding time for myself and just relaxing was probably key to […]

7. Physical Friday: Another busy week! | my chronic life journey March 28, 2014 at 10:12 am

[…] The first 2 weeks of this campaign I felt like I was on top of it all. I was managing to promote the campaign and spend time with my husband and friends while still having rest breaks, attending multiple appointments with the Naturopath, Physio, Exercise Physiologists, and my GP, and finding time for myself. […]