Apron Completed

11 Jan 14
, , ,

If you follow me on Facebook or twitterΒ you’d already know that apron that I gave you sneak peaks of late last year… It’s finished!

wpid-IMG_20131228_093134.jpg

wpid-IMG_20131228_093101.jpg

And it’s been used! E and I made a wonderful orange and almond/hazelnut (didn’t have enough almonds) cake.

This felt great, it was the first time I’ve managed to bake (with help) since the early days of this illness. πŸ™‚

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Although the visible stitching isn’t completely straight, I’m very happy with how it’s turned out.

1. Trisha January 11, 2014 at 9:43 am

It’s every cute! I love the materials you chose. I’m going to have my make myself an apron some time this year. If it turns out even half as cute as yours, I will be happy!

• Megan S January 11, 2014 at 9:50 am

Thanks Trisha! I can send you the link to the pattern and instructions I used if you like?

• Trisha January 12, 2014 at 9:21 am

I would love that, thank you! I was planning to do some sewing today but I can’t even get myself over to the fabric store to buy fabric. Maybe tomorrow. I want to get a little practice in so I can tackle that apron pattern!

• Megan S January 12, 2014 at 9:42 am

Cool I’ll send it through to you later this week. Have a few things to do first πŸ™‚

2. suzjones January 11, 2014 at 10:47 am

Yay you!! It looks fabulous.

• Megan S January 11, 2014 at 10:50 am

Thanks Suz. It took me a while to do because I can only work short bursts at a time, but I feel it was worth it.

• suzjones January 11, 2014 at 11:03 am

The sense of accomplishment is always worth it πŸ™‚

3. Jumping_Jenny_444 January 11, 2014 at 10:11 pm

Your apron turned out really good! πŸ™‚ I love the different materials you used. Mmmmm, cake! I miss having cake, but no one in my house wants anything to do with gluten-free things. I’m not eating a whole cake by myself, lol! πŸ˜‰

• Megan S January 11, 2014 at 10:19 pm

I was just introduced to the best recipe that absolutely anyone would love (if they love chocolate) and it has no dairy or gluten. They were brownie cupcakes. When I get a copy off the friend who made them I can send it on to you. I was tagged in her photo this morning when she had made them, so you could probably see a picture of them on Facebook seeing as you’re my friend πŸ™‚

4. Owls and Orchids January 12, 2014 at 1:06 am

I love the apron and the idea of the cupcakes… can you add me to the list for both ? This could be the beginnings of a network πŸ™‚ I need to fin something to show someone….lol
    Susan x

• Megan S January 12, 2014 at 4:10 am

Thanks, I’ll add you to the list πŸ™‚

5. Sue Dreamwalker January 13, 2014 at 5:47 am

Loving sewing myself, you have made a great job of your apron.. πŸ™‚ Love the colours, its bright and Happy as it should be to reflect that smile of yours. πŸ™‚
    Blessings
    Sue

• Megan S January 13, 2014 at 8:03 am

Thank you Sue, I love bright colours and feel they’re part of what helps me remain bright and positive.