Physical Friday – Yoga practice for Chronic Pain

10 Jan 14
, , , , , ,

Day 6 of the Daily Post Zero to Hero Tasks was to try a new element. Today I’m trying out making my own video and posting on youtube to share with you here. Both making my own video and using youtube are new to me, so let’s see how we go. 🙂

This Physical Friday video post shows you part of my daily yoga routine. I’ve found the poses in this video extremely helpful in reducing muscle tension, and as a result pain levels.

So, please enjoy the video and let me know what you think. I may start using it more often when I’m too tired to type.

Do you use yoga as part of your routine?

What are your favourite poses?

1. Celeste January 10, 2014 at 11:45 am

Fantastic video!

I’d love to follow along with you – any chance to do an over dub or an instructional video?

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this!!

• Megan S January 10, 2014 at 11:59 am

I could try, this was my first attempt at making a video so it may take me a little while to work out how… Future project 🙂

2. Trisha January 10, 2014 at 2:56 pm

My routine looks very similar, minus the eight angle pose (or whatever it’s called). I never could begin to get the hang of that one!

• Megan S January 10, 2014 at 3:08 pm

I’m still trying to do it properly, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t.

3. Jumping_Jenny_444 January 11, 2014 at 12:32 am

Megan, this was totally awesome–I love your video! 😀 I’m not sure if I can do downward facing dog though–that one tends to bother my back (probably because I’m not doing it correctly). That was very good for a first video. With some practice, you’ll be a video expert! 🙂

• Megan S January 11, 2014 at 8:04 am

Thanks Jenn, some days downward facing dog hurts me too, but most the time I focus on keeping my back as straight as possible and my tummy sucked in and it’s fine. Remember you can always bend your knees bent if you can’t keep your back straight.

4. Physical Friday – Exercising with a Chronic Illness | my chronic life journey January 17, 2014 at 1:21 pm

[…] week I shared a video of my daily yoga practice to show what exercise I do to reduce my pain levels. Today I want to share the other part of my […]

5. X is for eXperiment | Liveken – my chronic life journey November 27, 2015 at 1:04 pm

[…] relief). I’ve experimented with natural alternatives like the TENS machine, accupuncture, yoga, massage, meditation and visiting a […]