The path to being the best me

01 Jan 14
, , , , , , , , , , ,

“You will recognize your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need.”– Jerry Gillies

image

Happy New Year everyone!

As I mentioned before the new year, 2014 is going to be the year of find me. I knew what areas I wanted to focus on for the year but I didn’t have a plan in place for doing it.

I’ve decided to focus on specific words each month to help me move through this in some semi organised way while still having flexibility in the outcomes.

Focus Words

Jan – Reflection
Feb – Limitation
March – Inspiration
April – Passion
May – Action
June – Clarification
July – Elimination
August – Creation
September – Connection
October – Imagination
November – Progression
December – Celebration

This means that this month will be focussed on Reflection. I will take the time to objectively look back over what I have tried to determine what has worked and what hasn’t. I will reflect on what in my past has led me to where I am today and I will outline how I will move forward to being the best me I can be.

I wish everyone a happy and fulfilling 2014. May we all be the best we can be this year!

image

Do you use focus words to help you develop plans and ideas?

Do you take the time to reflect on what has worked for you and what hasn’t?

1. merbear74 January 1, 2014 at 9:14 am

I like that idea. Happy New Year!

• Megan S January 1, 2014 at 9:56 am

Thanks, same to you 🙂

2. Deborah January 1, 2014 at 11:27 am

I have used seasonal keywords over the past year and a half, including clamor, clarity, clearing, perseverance, and my newest one: gumption. I’m currently in the reflecting mode to set intentions for the coming year. 🙂

• Megan S January 1, 2014 at 5:15 pm

That sounds great Deborah! I’ll be following you to see where your words take you. 🙂

3. Trisha January 1, 2014 at 11:36 am

Having a word for each month is great idea! I’m going to be working my way through the book Living in Gratitude and each month has a theme, so I’ll be doing something kind of similar. I look forward to following your journey. May 2014 be a great year for you!

• Megan S January 1, 2014 at 5:17 pm

I’d be interested to hear what sort of themes are in your book Trisha! I struggled a bit in selecting my words. May 2014 be great for you as well and I’ll definitely be following your journey.

• Trisha January 2, 2014 at 1:08 pm

I’ll do a blog post about it within the next week. Sharing my intention to stick with the book for a year may be the only thing that keeps me with it! The theme for January is Begin Anew. I love that new beginning feeling this time of year!

• Megan S January 2, 2014 at 1:17 pm

I know what you mean about the new beginning feeling and the need to have something posted to ensure you stick with it! That’s why I’m posting everything this year to keep me on track. 🙂

4. Just Another F-Bomb January 2, 2014 at 12:00 am

Happy New Year to you Megan! I love your idea and I’m looking forward to following you on your path, I hope you keep us posted!

• Megan S January 2, 2014 at 8:06 am

Thanks Leslie, I definitely will. I don’t think I’ll be able to stick with it during the bad/foggy times if I didn’t know I had to keep you guys updated 🙂

5. Sue Dreamwalker January 13, 2014 at 5:50 am

Trying our best is the only path… We can do no more than try to do our very best..

Great thoughts for your coming year…
    Blessings
    Sue

• Megan S January 13, 2014 at 8:03 am

6. Mental Monday: Working with your limits | my chronic life journey February 3, 2014 at 10:59 am

[…] It’s February already and this means a change in focus words. […]