“There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self.”– Aldous Huxley
At this time of year, people are starting to set resolutions and goals for the new year. Given that my health seems to be so variable and I have no idea what I’m going to be able to achieve next year, I’ve decided to be a bit flexible this year.
Instead of goals and resolutions I’m going to focus on bring the best ME I can be. Having gotten this ill has given me an opportunity to think about the direction my life is going. It’s made me realise that getting back to feeling like I’m living a purposeful fulfilling life is going to be a long slow process. Because I want to get back to that feeling as soon as possible so that I don’t get to a point where I’m feeling so worthless that I get depressed, I’ve decided that I’m going to start myself on the journey of finding myself in the new year.
I don’t know exactly how I’m going to do this but right now I know the three key aspects of my life I want to focus on as I begin this journey:
- Spiritual (the Mind/Body Connection)
In future posts I’ll go into more detail about what I want to focus on and how I’m going to move forward in being the best me I can be by answering the question:
Who am I?
What do you want to achieve in 2014?
Do you set yourself goals or resolutions for the new year?
- Looking into the New Year Tanka (mychroniclifejourney.wordpress.com)
- Resolutions: Not Just for the New Year (toritalesdaily.wordpress.com)
- Here is how New Years Resolutions work… (thehlz.com)
- A New Year’s Resolution that Might Actually Work (leahnessransomed.wordpress.com)
- New Year (e-goldenblog.com)
- Preparing for 2014! (juliastarobin.com)
- Complete 2013, Create 2014 (angietoh.com)
- 10 Ways To Make 2014 The Best Year Yet (bdclifeinstyle.com)
- 2014 Resolutions (sandy-lo.com)