Thanks to both Katarina from Painfully Aware, Shaun from prayingforoneday, and In Loving Memory Of Jody Ann Bales for nominating me for The Versatile Blogger Award, In Loving Memory Of Jody Ann Bales also nominated me for The Imagine Award and Michelle from Fibro… Dealing and coping through laughter and tears for nominating me from another Dragon’s Loyalty Award.
The Imagine Award was started by a my friend Jenn at thefibrotasticlife.com. So, I will let her tell you all about it:
What is The Imagine Award?
“The Imagine Award” is an award created by Jenn Mulherin (who is the writer of the blog “My Fibrotastic Life!”) in October of 2013. This award was made in order to recognize the bloggers who express their passion and dedication towards their blogs through their creativity.
How is creativity found in a blog?
Just like beauty, creativity is in the eye of the beholder. There are many unique ways which bloggers can express their creativity. Creativity can be displayed through:
Words (such as writing fictional stories or real life experiences, poetry, quotes, using metaphors, etc.)
Pictures (this can include photos, comics, computer-drawn pictures, etc.)
The layout of the blog page
The degree of creativity is one of the qualities in a blog which not only draws more readers, but it shows how much the blogger cares about their blog. The caretaking of a blog is like taking care of a plant. In order to keep it healthy and growing, you need to feed the blog with your ideas and give it a lot of love.
If I am nominated for The Imagine Award…then what??
In your post which is dedicated to your award…
1. Copy and paste the award to your post.
2. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog page to your post.
3. List 3-5 things about the nominator’s blog that you like (which you think are very creative).
4. Nominate 5 other bloggers/blogs which you think display a fantastic use of creativity and imagination.
5. Notify your nominees.
6. Copy and paste The Imagine Award to your blog page.
*If you decline The Imagine Award, that is okay, but please pass the award to a blog that you find to be very creative.
So, what do I like about In Loving Memory Of Jody Ann Bales? Let me tell you:
- The simplicity of her blog layout makes it very easy to read her posts.
- Her ‘header’ (not sure if that’s the right word) image is beautiful and captures my imagination about where the angel is and who she’s looking down on.
- I love the simple use of images and the different types of posts, e.g. Letter to Jody
The rules for The Versitile Blogger Award are:
Here are the rules for the award:
Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
So as per the last few Award posts I’m hoping to conserve energy, so I’ll share 7 interesting facts about myself and will nominate the same bloggers for both the Versatile Blogger Award and the Imagine Award, but not the Dragon’s Loyalty Award.
7 more interesting facts about me:
- My eyes seem to change between green and bluish grey depending on what I’m wearing.
- I have quite a collection of soft toys.
- During high school, singing and walking were my escape mechanism when I was stressed or upset.
- I struggle to sleep, especially when home alone.
- My favourite tv shows are usually mystery and crime related; especially Bones, NCIS and BBC ones, like Sherlock.
- I don’t really have a favourite colour (bright colours and multi-coloured is usually good)
- My best time of day for mental activity is mid-morning after I’ve had breakfast and done some form of exercise.
And onto the nominations:
- Celeste from Baking, Butter, & Happiness
- Jess from noonegetsflowersforchronicpain
- Elizabeth from Rag and Bone Shop of the Heart
- Barbara from Me, My Magnificent Self
- Amreen from Paint the World with Words
- Bishop Eddie from Bishop Eddie Tatoro’s Study
- A humble pursuit
- jmlol from j.lol
- Julie from Julie’s Spoonful of Sugar
- Tammy from Walk with me on my journey of illness to the road of happiness and a life of fulfillment
I hope 10 is enough because I’ve spent 3 days on this post now and I can’t focus on it any longer 🙂
Congratulations to all the nominees and thank you to everyone for reading my blog.