Foggy Frog Limerick

05 Dec 13
, , , , , , ,

The following Limerick was inspired by Paint the World with Words Poetic Form of the Week ‘Be Inspired Challenge’

There lives a strange frog,
Who can blow up a fog,
Causing heaviness and confusion.

And when he arrives,
He will change all your lives,
And you’ll struggle to find a solution!

You can try exercising,
And it might be surprising,
This leads to a poor constitution.

People think that we’re lying,
Don’t believe that we’re trying,
We need an M.E.* revolution!

*M.E. stands for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, also known as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)

1. Jumping_Jenny_444 December 5, 2013 at 9:46 am

Very creative and witty! Great job! πŸ˜€

• Megan S December 5, 2013 at 10:08 am

Thanks Jenn. I took quite a while writing that one πŸ™‚

2. Just Another F-Bomb December 5, 2013 at 11:41 am

LOVE!!!!

• Megan S December 5, 2013 at 11:47 am

Thanks πŸ™‚

3. painttheworldwithwords December 5, 2013 at 4:03 pm

OMG! This is really an amazing limerick! I like how you made up a funny little story about this frog and in your words also raised an ME issue which seemed wise! I appreciate your participation in the challenge and you did awesome justice to it! Great!

Keep participating to earn the “Be Inspired” Badge and declare your poetic flair to the world!

Be Inspired:)

• Megan S December 5, 2013 at 4:05 pm

Thanks, I’ve been using Foggy Frog and the Pain Gang in all of my creative writing. Take a look at the Foggy Frog and Friends page. πŸ™‚

• painttheworldwithwords December 5, 2013 at 4:12 pm

You’re welcome Megan:)

I will surely be reading your page! Looks interesting:)

• Megan S December 5, 2013 at 4:13 pm

Thanks πŸ™‚

• painttheworldwithwords December 5, 2013 at 4:17 pm

πŸ™‚

4. dawnhosking December 5, 2013 at 8:58 pm

A revolution sounds good to me πŸ˜‰

• Megan S December 5, 2013 at 9:24 pm

I know πŸ™‚ it’s definitely needed. I see Jen Brea’s Canary Film as part of that revolution and all the people on twitter, Facebook and blogs who are spreading the word are all part of it already as well. We just need to find a way to get louder and to get people to listen. πŸ™‚

• dawnhosking December 5, 2013 at 9:25 pm

Yes, it’s definitely about time. I think things are beginning to move in the right direction, finally. πŸ™‚

• Megan S December 5, 2013 at 9:26 pm

Yay πŸ™‚

5. prayingforoneday December 5, 2013 at 9:43 pm

A fog I get most days, and the only thing we can do is realist it WILL go away Megan,

Loved the way you worded that, people in the start for me, I have Fibro 10/10 bad, and in the start it bothered me people didn’t believe me. Then I got REAL ill and started falling and breaking bones…Took that for people to believe πŸ˜€

Stick in there, we are all with you and on the same page Megan…

Shaun x

• Megan S December 6, 2013 at 7:07 am

Thanks Shaun, appreciate your input. πŸ™‚

6. PTWWW “Be Inspired” Writing Challenge #7 | Paint the world with words December 10, 2013 at 6:12 pm
  7. Looking into the New Year Tanka | my chronic life journey December 14, 2013 at 9:09 am

[…] Foggy Frog LimerickΒ (mychroniclifejourney.wordpress.com) […]

8. Defining the best ME Nonet | my chronic life journey December 21, 2013 at 9:04 am

[…] Foggy Frog Limerick (mychroniclifejourney.wordpress.com) […]

9. Congratulations Megan | Paint the world with words January 22, 2014 at 7:30 pm

[…] “The Foggy Frog Limerick” for Week 6 […]

10. Foggy Frog Kickstarter Postmortem | my chronic life journey April 14, 2014 at 9:01 am

[…] Pelvic Congestions Syndrome, and recieved such positive feedback on my Foggy Frog and the Pain Gang poetry and short stories, I realised there was an opportunity for these characters to fill the gap that […]