There are Dragons Everywhere!

26 Nov 13
, ,

Wow, I’ve been away (posting already written posts, or picture posts) for a few days and in that time I’ve been nominated for awards by 3 other bloggers!

To help me get through accepting them today I’m going to cheat a bit and combine two of them in this post.

I would really like to thank Dawn from dawnyhosking and Julie from The Nocturnal Laundress for both nominating me for the Dragon’s Loyalty Award. Both of these ladies have amazing blogs with a great combination of illness related conversations and fun, entertaining posts. I hope you both don’t mind that I’ve combined you’re nominations into one post. I’m just coming out of a week long crash.

dragons-loyalty-award

The philosophy of the award is: The Dragon’s Loyalty Award is an award for the loyal fan/commenter, whether the recipient is a fellow blogger or just someone who follows and comments regularly”.

There are some rules that one must follow in order to fully accept the award and they are as follows:

1. Firstly, display the Award on your site. You earned it and you deserve it!

2. Link back to the person who gave you the award in your acceptance post;

3. Nominate 15 well deserving bloggers for the Award and let them know the wonderful news by sending them a message on their site;

4. List 7 interesting facts about yourself

So I think I’ll start with the 7 interesting facts about myself:

1. I love singing, although since getting ill it uses up too much energy so I don’t do it as much as I used to.
  2. Before getting ill I had delivered environment and sustainability workshops across Australia and in Malaysia.
  3. Over half my wardrobe has come from Op Shops or Vintage Stores.
  4. I love musicals and animated movies.
  5. I have a life membership to our local Zoological Society.
  6. I have a double degree in Arts/Science with Honours in Environmental Sciences
  7. I’ve started writing a children’s book to help parents with ME/CFS and Chronic Pain explain what they are going through to their children

I hope 7 is enough because I don’t have the brain capacity to come up with any more 🙂

And now to nominate my loyal followers:

Dawn (dawnyhosking)

Jenn (My Fibrotastic Life)

Leslie (Just another F-Bomb)

Celeste (Baking, Butter, & Happiness)

Trisha (Notes from the Fog)

Resistance

Someone’s Idea of Luxury

Julie (The Nocturnal Laundress)

The Better Way CFS

Julie (Counting My Spoons)

Claire (Living Being Doing with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome)

Thank you to everyone who reads and comments on my blog, I feel so privileged to be getting to know all of you!

1. Jumping_Jenny_444 November 26, 2013 at 10:53 am

Congratulations on your awards and thank you for nominating me! 🙂 wish you the best of luck with your children’s book. Maybe someday it’ll become an ebook and I can check it out! 😉

• Megan S November 26, 2013 at 10:55 am

That’s my hope 🙂 I’ve found a local artist who also has ME/CFS to do the artwork for me. Now I just need to write the story!

2. Blog of the Year Nomination! | my chronic life journey November 26, 2013 at 11:23 am

[…] ← There are Dragons Everywhere! […]

3. Claire November 26, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Thank you for the nomination! I love following your blog – and it’s lovely to see some extra facts about you! It’s too easy to just view someone in the context of their illness sometimes.
    xx

• Megan S November 26, 2013 at 12:30 pm

I know what you mean! I’m trying to make sure I get a proper view of me across and consider who the real people are who are reading my posts. I don’t want the blog to focus just on my illness.

4. dawnhosking November 26, 2013 at 9:08 pm

Congratulations and many thanks too 😉

• Megan S November 27, 2013 at 7:23 am

5. Dragon’s Loyalty Award | dawnyhosking November 26, 2013 at 9:11 pm

[…] and very interesting stuff there, we have lots in common.  I would also like to thank Meg over at My Chronic Life Journey for awarding me this honour too, I love her blog and find it very […]

6. Just Another F-Bomb November 26, 2013 at 9:18 pm

Congratulations and thank you as well! 🙂

• Megan S November 27, 2013 at 7:24 am

7. Dueling Dragons: Dragon Loyalty Award | Baking, Butter, & Happiness November 27, 2013 at 7:04 am

[…] I’ve been given the Dragon Loyalty Award by Jenn at My Fibrotastic Life and also one from Megan at My Chronic Life Journey. […]

8. Trisha November 27, 2013 at 11:53 am

Congratulations and thank you!

• Megan S November 27, 2013 at 11:54 am

Thanks Trisha and you’re welcome 🙂

9. drunkitty2000 November 28, 2013 at 7:59 am

Thank you for the nomination, and Congrats! There is a reason so many think so highly of you 🙂

• Megan S November 28, 2013 at 9:08 am

Thank you so much! I really just didn’t expect this. 🙂

10. Guess What?!?! I’ve got another Dragon and a 2 Star Blog! | my chronic life journey November 29, 2013 at 9:11 am

[…] There are Dragons Everywhere! (mychroniclifejourney.wordpress.com) […]

11. NaBloPoMo Wrap Up | my chronic life journey November 30, 2013 at 8:27 am

[…] showed me over the past month. I recieved a Unique Leaves Award, an Inner Peace Award, THREE Dragon’s Loyalty Awards, and TWO Blog of the Year 2013 Awards! I really didn’t expect anything like this when […]

12. Sunshine, Flowers and Friends | my chronic life journey February 8, 2014 at 9:02 am

[…] to list 11 Facts about me, you can check out my previous facts I wrote for the Dragons Loyalty Award here or […]