Spinning and Sinking…

09 Nov 13
, , ,

I wrote this after experiencing some weird sensations during my meditation the other day…

The world is spinning. As I close my eyes I am sinking. I can feel the ground below me giving way,as my body slowly gives in to the fog and the weight. Foggy Frog and the Gnawing Gnats are having a party today and I’m not sure my body can take any more of this.

I know I’ve done too much in the past two weeks and I know that has made me weaker in my fight against Foggy Frog and the Pain Gang. I know that as the Pain Gang get stronger and Foggy Frog blows the draining fog further over me, my shield of brightness is beginning to strain. But surely the warmth of the sun and the songs of the birds will help soon!

Without them I may just have to give in for now and ride this party out. Surely they’ll tire soon and I will get some proper rest.

(c) Megan S, November 2013

1. Celeste November 9, 2013 at 8:34 am

I’m really sorry to hear that the pain gang isn’t letting up. I can’t remember if you have cut out sugar – I’m on day two or three of no sugar and my pain has lessened a significant degree (to the point where I actually got dressed today – GOAL!).

• Megan S November 9, 2013 at 9:54 am

I haven’t completely eliminated sugar, but if I do have it I try to make it more natural versions like honey. I don’t use sugar in many dishes anymore and avoid processed items as much as possible.

2. Just Another F-Bomb November 9, 2013 at 8:51 am

Hopefully tomorrrow is a better day for you!

• Megan S November 9, 2013 at 9:55 am

Thanks 🙂

3. Jumping_Jenny_444 November 9, 2013 at 10:21 am

I might need to come your way and give Foggy Frog and his Pain Gang a good whacking with my pillow! 😉 Hope you feel better soon!
    Jenn xx

• Megan S November 9, 2013 at 10:58 am

That would be great 🙂 I’m trying to find my best fighting tool.

4. dawnhosking November 9, 2013 at 9:58 pm

Hope you feeling better today 😉

• Megan S November 10, 2013 at 9:05 am

Thanks, still not a good day. Had a friends wedding yesterday which ended up being auch later night than I’d planned for, so I’m paying for that today even though I think I did pretty well pacing until the reception (should have left much earlier or found somewhere quiet to rest).

• dawnhosking November 10, 2013 at 8:51 pm

Hope you manage to rest up for a few days and allow your body time to heal and build up some energy. Occasions are so difficult to manage aren’t they, it’s so easy to overdo it when we have planned and tried out best to pace carefully. Unexpected activity is a challenge. Take care and rest up x

• Megan S November 11, 2013 at 8:29 am

Thanks definitely resting up. I have a few appointments early this week, but other than them I’m just resting.

5. NaBloPoMo Wrap Up | my chronic life journey November 30, 2013 at 8:27 am

[…] my symptoms clearly, creative writing became an outlet with Foggy Frog and Friends appearing in stories and poems. I also introduced you to my talismans/support crew against Foggy Frog and […]

6. Describing the Fog – poll included | my chronic life journey December 1, 2013 at 9:50 am

[…] From Spinning and Sinking… (c) Megan S, November 2013 […]

7. Foggy Frog Kickstarter Postmortem | my chronic life journey April 14, 2014 at 9:01 am

[…] Syndrome, and recieved such positive feedback on my Foggy Frog and the Pain Gang poetry and short stories, I realised there was an opportunity for these characters to fill the gap that I’d […]