If you’ve been following us over the last few weeks you’d know that we are working towards a simple, sustainable and meaningful life and we are wanting to share this journey with you.
About a month ago Janelle and I shared with you where we both came from and what our previous experiences had been, but where are we now?
What have we been doing and where are we going?
To put it bluntly, we’re at the start of this journey…
We have begun the research and experimentation we feel we need to do to work out the answers to the questions:
- Where are we coming from?
- Where are we wanting to get?
- What do we need to do to get there?
- Where are we going to find support and guidance?
This research includes reading inspirational stories (see the links below in – Where are we getting our inspiration?) and reading books and articles that describe what it is we are trying to achieve and how others have achieved it.
Although we’ve begun researching and taking actions, we are still at the very early stages of identifying what a Simple, Sustainable and Meaningful life means for us. We are trying to work out how we are going to achieve our goals while taking into consideration the other people in our lives; our partners, our friends, and our extended family.
We will be working to clearly define our goals over the next month or so and will be sharing this process with you here on the blog.
As mentioned above, we have already started taking action to move towards the lifestyle that we want:
- We’ve begun decluttering our homes and our schedules.
- We’ve almost completed the illustrations (just need colour) for the Foggy Frog and the Pain Gang picture book. The first step in our Foggy Frog Campaign for invisible illnesses.
- We’ve started being more sustainable, with homemade cleaning supplies and a veggie garden set up.
- We’ve begun identifying our expenditure for our budgets so that we can have a clear picture of where we are starting from.
Where are we getting our inspiration?
I think that for as long as I’ve been in the workforce I’ve had a niggling desire to make these changes, but the final push for me was my chronic illnesses.
Since being ill, I have been inspired by many people including Leo from ZenHabits, Courtney from Be More with Less, and (more recently on a financial note) Mr Money Moustache
Both Janelle and I also receive inspirational posts regularly from Mind, Body, Green.
We are inspired to follow our passions and ignite our dreams so that we can live the best life we can and make a positive impact on the world.
Our background is in environmental science and sustainability is one of our strongest values, but the journey we are on is one that anyone can take and that can be adapted to suit your own dreams and values.
Where are we wanting to go?
This is something we will answer next week, when we begin to question what a simple, sustainable and meaningful life is for us.
We’d love to hear what you see it as for you as well.
Comments are closed.