The No Buy Challenge is over, but Share Your World continues each week.
This week I have made one big purchase (new undies from Lunapads) but other than that I’ve stuck to my No Buy guidelines even though the challenge is ended. I knew before the end of the challenge that I needed to get new undies so it was a planned purchase. I think I’m going to keep trying to think through purchases for at least a day before making them if they’re over $50, if it’s less than $50 I’ll consider for at least 1 minute before deciding to make a purchase if it’s not an essential based on my No Buy guidelines. This should hopefully avoid any impulse purchases.
Share Your World – Week 17
When writing by hand do you prefer to use a pencil or pen?
I tend to use a pen, just because I don’t need to worry about sharpening. However, just because I usually use a pen, I’d actually prefer pencil because being left handed I always end up with ink all over my hand whenever I write.
What’s your choice: jigsaw, word, maze or numeric puzzles?
I’m not really a big jigsaw person but I do a combination of word, maze and numeric puzzles on a regular basis.
Do you prefer long hair or short hair for yourself?
I don’t really have a preference, or at least it constantly changes over time… I prefer either LONG long hair or pixie-style hair. At the moment, I’m trying to grow my hair out from a pixie cut over a year ago. It’s currently to my shoulders.
List five some of your favorite blogs.
I read quite a few blogs. At the moment I’d say my favourites, in no particular order, are:
- Treading My Own Path. Lindsay writes about living and eating sustainably, minimalism, plastic free and zero waste.
- Baby Steps Going Green. Candice has been blogging for almost a year now. She shares the simple steps she’s taking towards a more sustainable life. Like many sustainability bloggers at the moment, there’s a strong focus on zero waste and minimalism.
- A Southern Celiac. Brittany lives with Celiac disease and Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. She’s currently pregnant and has also suffered from Myasthenia Gravis throughout her pregnancy. I love hearing about her life with her husband Justin and the many animals they live with.
- My Journey Thru ME. Jess writes about her life with ME/CFS. She shares what helps her and how she manages to pace.
- Counting My Spoons. Julie provides information and inspiration for those of us living with Fibromyalgia.
Bonus question: What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?
In the last week, I’m grateful for having the energy to help my friends and family with their moves, for a long weekend and more time with E.
In the next week, I’m looking forward to seeing what happens. I don’t have much scheduled so I can take each day as it comes.