Join me on a journey towards a simple, sustainable and meaningful life. Throughout November we will be exploring each category of the A-Z guide to a simple, sustainable and meaningful life. Today we’re looking at Y… Yes.
This guide has been written from the point of view of someone living with chronic illness but the topics and concepts discussed are relevant to everyone and anyone.
Y is for Yes
To looking after yourself.
To living by your values.
To being the best YOU you can be!
Over the last few months I’ve made an effort to say YES to opportunities that have come my way. I’m being careful to try and keep pacing while I do this and I’m also giving myself permission to say YES to my health by saying NO to others when I need to.
By saying YES over the last few years I’ve taken up some exciting opportunities, including:
- Creating the Foggy Frog and the Pain Gang picture book
- Developing a 3-year Environmental Management Plan which will guide community sustainable actions within one of the Local Councils I work with
- Developing educational biodiversity trails for local schools in another Local Council
- Joining the executive committee for the South Australian Chapter of the Australian Association for Environmental Education through which I’m helping with organising and running a national conference later next year.
Without saying YES, I wouldn’t be doing any of these things but to be able to do them I also need to say YES to the following:
- Pacing myself and resting every day
- Eating as healthy as possible
- Listening to my body
What do you say YES to?
Don’t forget that the Ultimate Spoonie Giveaway is now open. Sign up here for your opportunity to win! This giveaway has ended.