Physical Friday – Daily Activities

24 Jan 14
, , , , ,

Today has felt like a very long day, and I don’t feel like I’ve achieved what I set out to do. I’m currently starting to crash so this will be a very short post…

This is a video I just recorded to give you a quick look into my daily activities and the impact they have on my life:

What are your daily activities like?

How have you been pacing yourself to allow an increase in activity over time?

1. Just Another F-Bomb January 24, 2014 at 12:56 pm

Nice job Megan! I think pacing is probably one of the most important things we can do to keep us on our feet. I rest after every activity, it really makes a difference and I feel as though I can accomplish more if I approach things at a more laid back pace. 🙂

• Megan S January 24, 2014 at 1:23 pm

Thanks Leslie, I have to agree pacing seems to help me do more in the long run.

2. Trisha January 24, 2014 at 3:12 pm

Great video! I have to alternate physical activity with resting, or at least sitting, and I try to lay down for at least thirty minutes every afternoon for a meditation/nap. I also have to alternate days out of the house. If I go out grocery shopping one day, I have to plan on staying home the next day and sometimes even a few days.

• Megan S January 24, 2014 at 3:40 pm

Sounds a lot like me 🙂 thank you for sharing Trisha!

3. Baking, Butter, & Happiness January 24, 2014 at 3:59 pm

I love these vlogs that everyone’s doing!

I had no idea that you intended to go back to work – I really hope you make it there!

Can you post a link to your etsy shop?

• Megan S January 24, 2014 at 4:32 pm

I’m still only on sick leave so I think I need to at least trying to go back.

Once the shop is open I’ll definitely put a link up. Just waiting for them to confirm the payment options. 🙂

4. Baking, Butter, & Happiness January 24, 2014 at 4:36 pm

I made you something – it might not be what you had in mind, but let me know if I can help you see what you want to do banner wise.

5. Emanuel Table January 24, 2014 at 6:36 pm

I look forward to your Etsy shop!

• Megan S January 24, 2014 at 6:52 pm

Thanks Emanuel, just waiting for them to confirm payment options and I’ll be able to open the store. Only one item up so far but several more on their way.

6. Jenn M January 24, 2014 at 10:30 pm

Great job Megan! 🙂 I’m very excited to see your Foggy Frog Etsy shop, and what items you’ll be posting in the near future.

Yes, I can definitely agree that pacing is the name of the game when it comes to having fibro and CFS. Making up lunches is typically something simple like leftovers or making up a sandwich. My parents usually make dinner. For activities, I try to get in some walking once a day. I’ve been slacking on yoga, but I’d like to get into doing that again. Oh yes, and I try to get in at least one nap a day as well.

• Megan S January 25, 2014 at 7:35 am

Thanks Jenn, I’m really excited by the shop… Just waiting for Etsy to confirm my details so I can open.

It’s great to hear how others manage their days.

7. meticulousmick January 24, 2014 at 11:03 pm

Not pushing yourself too hard too early and be gentle with yourself is the best thing I can see. Look at what is best for you. I am currently getting up just before 7 to feed the dog, do a bit of blogging and at 9 I take the dog for a walk of just over an hour. Rest of day until 4pm is spent, learning new materials, software, sorting the house out, general jobs, applying for work etc. At 4pm the dog is taken for another walk and I return to cook a good meal. Looking forward to evenings lengthening to be able to walk the dog in the evening with the wife. Enjoy your weekend. MM 💚

• Megan S January 25, 2014 at 7:37 am

Looks like you manage to fit quite a bit into your day! Thank you for sharing. 🙂