New Layout and About Me Page

12 Jan 14

new website layout

I’ve update my About Me page and made it the front page of my blog and my tag line. I’ve also updated the theme for my blog.

In the next few weeks I’ll be adding a few new pages where I will be asking you for feedback on the support groups and websites that you use to keep in touch and get help.

What do you think of the new layout?

Do you have any suggestions on other things to add to the site?

1. Celeste January 12, 2014 at 12:05 pm

Looks great. The yellow is kinda painful on the eyes – may I recommend a lighter shade?

Also, taking off the “read more” or limiting the preview of blog posts will really help.

• Megan S January 12, 2014 at 12:22 pm

Thanks Celeste. I’ll have to see if I can change those features or if they’re part of the theme I’ve chosen. I might try dulling the yellow a bit, it hurt my eyes on the phone as well 🙂

2. Celeste January 12, 2014 at 12:06 pm

I’m also looking on a mobile – so it might be different on my iPhone. (Colour wise)

• Megan S January 12, 2014 at 12:22 pm

Hadn’t looked on my phone!

3. bmagpub January 12, 2014 at 12:14 pm

I like the yellow – I think it is such a happy colour – and a big bunch of yellow roses really brightens up any room (and your day). Do you think someone close to you might get the hint? :-).

• Megan S January 12, 2014 at 12:23 pm

That would be great but I doubt it 😉

4. Trisha January 12, 2014 at 12:16 pm

Looks good! The brightness of the yellow was painful for a second but then my eyes adjusted. 🙂

5. The Other Side of Ugly – Letters to Humanity January 12, 2014 at 6:00 pm

I think it looks great!

• Megan S January 12, 2014 at 6:08 pm

Thanks 🙂

6. Jumping_Jenny_444 January 13, 2014 at 2:08 am

You did a great job on your updating–I love the color yellow! 🙂 I wonder if there’s a shade of yellow which is a little more easier on the eyes though for your blog layout (there’s lot of shades, so anything’s possible ;)).

• Megan S January 13, 2014 at 7:56 am

Thanks Jenn, I’m going to keep tweaking it until I’m satisfied.

7. joynpain2 January 13, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Sorry, Meg, I have to agree with everyone else. The yellow is bright. The theme itself, however, I like. Keep tweeking, you’ll get it the way you like.

• Megan S January 13, 2014 at 12:47 pm

Thanks Joy. I know the yellow is bright but I really want a happy colour for the blog. Any suggestions on other colours I could consider?

• joynpain2 January 13, 2014 at 12:51 pm

If possible, stick with the yellow. It is, after all, a very happy color. Just if you could find one a little less bright. Other than that, maybe an orange – also a happy color. Or baby blue like the sky.

• Megan S January 13, 2014 at 12:56 pm

Cool, I’ll play around. 🙂 Thank you for your input

8. treadingmyownpath January 15, 2014 at 2:51 pm

I’m with the “the yellow is a bit bright” brigade. I understand that yellow is fun, but this reminds me of that acid yellow that makes me think of… well 1980s nightclubs and drugs. That being said, it is your blog, and do what you like, I’ll keep reading regardless of the colour! The content is far more important, so don’t let it worry you. I was just offering my humble opinion!

• Megan S January 15, 2014 at 2:57 pm

Thanks, I am planning on changing it slightly. Will probably do that tomorrow.

9. Baking, Butter, & Happiness January 17, 2014 at 12:43 pm

Great choice of yellow now! Love it!

If you need someone to make you a banner or whatnot, let me know. Send me some pictures that feel like what you want – keywords too and I’ll see what I can do!

This goes for any photoshop work. 😉

• Megan S January 17, 2014 at 12:51 pm

Thanks, I’ll definitely take you up on that offer soon 🙂